First Published March 2016 | Words, photos and film by Vietnam Coracle
When I moved to Saigon, the riverfront was one of the first places to which I wandered. Ever since that first night in the city, the Saigon River has been one of my favourite places to escape the city without actually leaving it. There’s an appealing tension between the slow, steady waterway and the frantic, frenetic city that continues to swell around its banks. For me, the Saigon River offers a rare moment of stillness, peace, and reflection in a city that is otherwise charged with energy. Below is my short film of the waterway that flows through my adopted home. (For more information, see my Guide to the Saigon River):
* This video is best viewed in HD quality
The Saigon River [3.58]
Watch on YouTube
- Walking Saigon's Alleyways
- The Cafe Apartment on Saigon's Walking Street
- VIDEO: Saigon, My Saigon
- Exploring Saigon's Railway Tracks: A Guide
- Saigon's Street Food 'Ghettos'
- Sketches of Saigon: 5 Scenes
Selected Resources for Travellers & Expats: What's this?