First published June 2015 | Words and map by Vietnam Coracle
During the autumn of 2014, I spent two months riding through Vietnam on my motorbike, Stavros. I travelled over 9,000km: from Saigon and the southern beaches to Hanoi and the northern mountains and back again. This annotated map of my road trip is designed so that other riders may use it as a reference: Yellow Stars contain links to relevant Vietnam Coracle guides for specific regions; Red Pins show my overnight stops; Blue Lines mark my exact route. All markers are illustrated with photos. For more about my two month road trip see related content.
- Yellow Stars: Links to relevant Vietnam Coracle guides
- Red Pins: Overnight stops
- Blue Lines: My route by motorbike
[Unfamiliar with Google Maps? Click the white square tab in the top left corner to display a full list of pins; click a pin to display the pin info, image, and links; zoom controls are in the bottom right corner; click here to view this map in a larger size]
View in a LARGER MAP
- VIDEO: Two Months on a Motorbike: My film from 9,000km on the road
- Motorbike Diaries: Complete diaries from my two months riding across Vietnam
- My Motorbike, Stavros: Ode to the machine that’s taken me around Vietnam
- Motorbike Guides Archive: Full list of guides for a Vietnam road trip
- Maps for a Vietnam Road Trip: Don’t just rely of Google Maps, use these maps too
Selected Resources for Travellers & Expats: What's this?